Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Recap of Thailand...


So I realize I have returned home, but you have to understand my trip was so full of life i didnt have time for this until now.

So join me on a space travel journey back in time...kerchow!

After a long long LONNNNNG plane ride, we finally arrived in Chaing Mai, Thailand. Land of Smiles. HOORAY! It was really exciting, even though we were all draggin. Went out to eat and pretty much enjoyed our first weekend before our Monday classes were to begin.

Before we went on the trip i was feeling really uneasy and unsettled about if i was going for the right reasons, if i should be going at all, i was homesick, didnt know anyone, blah blah blah.

That saturday we just hungout and recooped, had a short orientation and went out to dinner next to the river at this wonderful resturant. Amy got dindin in a pineapple and i was being pretty safe with my chicken cashew meal. Sunday we went to church in the city. It was pretty neat i was really jetlagged and tired. We enjoyed our afternoon and that night went to the market. Now they have the market open every night of the week, however on sunday its out of control. They close down part of one of the streets next to this Huge gate called the Thae Pai Gate and extend the market and have more events going on. I saw some young girls dancing in festive costumes and they were so pretty. I wanted to buy stuff but i felt it would be best for me to wait til nearin the end of the trip. Everyone is so friendly and sweet here. I love being here so far. I dont know why i was feeling sad that i went. STUPID ME!

Thats all for now, i wish i had more time but its time for me to not be lazy and go exercise. Hope to have more post very soon about the first week we experienced learning Buddhism and meeting many Buddhist peoples. I will also tell you how wonderful it was to be SICK eh on the other side of the world. Tune in for more later haha.

Lindizzle

No comments: